The Communications Director is responsible for the planning, implementation, and monitoring of ANDVSA’s internal and external communications. This position is supervised by and works closely with the Executive Director.
Salary Range: 20, Exempt – Job is anticipated to take 37.5 hours per week, but schedule may vary based upon deadlines and needs of the organization. Expected daily schedule will be based upon hours that best allow coordination with other programs.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Manage Media and Communications
- Develop, implement, and update the organization’s external communications plan, in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan and priorities.
- Create and maintain a branding guide to ensure ANDVSA communications are uniform.
- Create Content and Manage ANDVSA’s website(s) and social media pages.
- Develop, publish, and disseminate electronic and print newsletters and annual reports for the public and for ANDVSA.
- Develop, coordinate, or support public awareness and fundraising campaigns, including national campaigns.
- Develop and maintain templates and resources for ANDVSA staff to standardize external communications, including reports, PowerPoints, invitations, announcements, etc.
- Manage telecommunications accounts and platforms for Basecamp, Survey Monkey, Zoom, Citrix, Sendgrid, Mailchimp etc.
- Craft letters to the editor and other public outreach as requested by staff.
- Provide technical assistance on communications and technology to ANDVSA staff and member programs.
- Other tasks may be added as technology changes.
Manage Coalition Manager Software
- Coordinate, train, and edit data collection in collaboration with all staff and system developers using Coalition Manager.
- Connect with staff and leadership to ensure data is consistently entered and provide support to adapt the system to meet organizational needs.
- Provide training and assistance to member programs to update and navigate Coalition Manager.
- Ensure connection of Coalition Manager with websites and social media as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, communications, management or other applicable field or five years of on-the-job experience in similar employment.
- Two years of experience working in a position with similar job duties.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, WordPress, Adobe InDesign.
- Ability to quickly learn various online platforms and software.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational and communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be creative and use critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Willingness to adhere to the Network’s philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Commitment to the elimination of personal and societal violence in the lives of all Alaskans.
- 3 years’ experience working in the field of domestic violence and/or sexual assault or closely related issue.
- 4 years’ experience working in a position with similar job duties.
- Graduate Degree in human resources, communications, management or other applicable field or 6 years of on-the job experience in similar employment.