Cultural Safety Advocate
AWARE, Juneau | awareak.org
Job types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
AWARE is hiring for a part-time position within our Emergency Shelter, serving survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. This is an opportunity to promote cultural safety and equity for AWARE program participants (such as food sovereignty activities, language lessons, arts opportunities, etc.). This position will coordinate opportunities for survivors to participate in cultural activities offered throughout the community. They will also center relationships with other employees increasing their knowledge or cultural safety and equity, uplifting resources, practices and opportunities.
We are very willing to train the right applicant with a strong customer service background who is wanting to transition to social services
- Must be able to work shift-based schedule
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to acquire a CPR/First Aide Certificate
- Experience with social services (supervisory positions available)
- 1+ years of customer/client service experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must support AWARE’s Mission and Vision.
For more information, call (907) 586-6623.
At AWARE, Inc. we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. We are focused on equity and we honor race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all other fascinating characteristics that make us unique. AWARE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.