Grants Administrative Assistant
International Association of Forensic Nurses | www.forensicnurses.org
Job Type: full-time, exempt
Duties and Responsibilities
The Grants Administrative Assistant is designed to support the needs of the International Association of Forensic Nurses by supporting the Grants section of the Education Department staff through the Grants Project Director in managing the Office for Violence Against Women (OVW) National Indian Country Clearinghouse on Sexual Assault (NICCSA) grant award.
In addition to the below specified duties, this position is expected to manage their own work schedule so that all duties below will be performed in a time sensitive manner. It also requires working cohesively with all staff and management, in addition to dealing with Association members and other contacts in a professional manner.
This position is full time and is exempt from the Fair Labor Standards and Practices overtime compensation requirements as a professional position requiring substantial specialized knowledge and independent decision making. This position requires overnight travel.
IAFN is an equal opportunity employer. IAFN prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
- Understand and maintain compliance with the special conditions of the grant award
- Maintain compliance with the Department of Justice Financial guide
- Answer telephones and respond to email inquiries (or direct to appropriate staff/ department).
- Collect and maintain all partner information necessary for effective communication of project
- Collect and maintain all partner/subrecipient financial requirements necessary under the award Transcribe, collate, copy and file correspondence, reports, charts, minutes, and other documents as required and prepare appropriate associated files.
- Update and layout major project documents.
- Assist with webpages development and updates with specific responsibilities for maintaining content on all established sections
- Assist with data collection for quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Support grants as budgeted (meeting support, note taking, manage Zoom, manage correspondence, etc.)
- Communicate and maintain financial records including invoices and processing of invoices
- Provide administrative support to the Grants section of the Education Department
- Assist with gathering signed contracts from contractors
- Maintain and keep updated stakeholders and contact lists
- Sending logistics for trainings/webinars
- Answer and triage with the assistance of grant staff the NICCSA helpline.
- Provide administrative support for the NICCSA grant as needed, including assisting with
- Development and distribution of the information/materials/resources
- Management of web pages
- Schedule, arrange, record and transcribe minutes for planning meetings
- Schedule, arrange, record and transcribe minutes for partner meetings
- Participate on-site meetings.
- Assist with
- Development of evaluation, technical assistance (TA) or follow-up surveys
- Ensuring completion of evaluations by training participants
- Compiling and filing registration, sign-in and evaluation reports
- Sending completion CE certificates to participants when necessary
- Assist with webinar practice runs and recordings as needed.
- Provide planning assistance for in-person meetings/visits; to include
- Staff travel and lodging
- Schedule, arrange, record partner meetings through video conferencing
- Assist with emails.
- Respond to requests for more information on educational access, TA, courses, and registration.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in Qualtrics preferred
- Desire to work with details, documents, spreadsheets, data, and websites.
- Excellent customer/member service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and deal effectively with change.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Discipline to successfully work without close supervision.
- High level of understanding of and proficiency in managing user‐friendly technology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word 2010 or higher: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel.
- Familiarity with online meeting tools, online education systems, and website content management.
Please send resumes to HR@forensicnurses.org.