HTL Youth Assistant
AWARE, Juneau | www.awareak.org
Job Type: Part-time, 5-10 hours a week
Pay: $12 – $16 per hour/DOE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Haa Tóoch Lichéesh Youth Assistant works under the direction of, and in collaboration with, the Prevention Director at AWARE, Inc. to support and uplift the work of the Haa Tóoch Lichéesh Coalition (HTL). Specific duties will be clearly agreed upon before starting. Tasks may include:
- Supporting the cultural safety and equity group in collaboration with the Juneau School District.
- Informing campaigns and policy changes supporting Juneau’s youth.
- Supporting HTL partners in similar work as opportunities arise.
- Supporting equity trainings hosted by the HTL coalition as opportunities arise.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with the needs and challenges facing youth in our community.
- Familiarity with social justice concepts such as equity, intersectionality, gender norms/gender identity, systemic racism, and cultural safety.
- Lived experience of the concepts listed above.
- Ability to communicate about these concepts with clarity and willingness to do so in a room full of adult decision-makers.
- Must support the Haa Tóoch Lichéesh mission: Guided by the wisdom of our ancestors, we reckon with injustice and commit to healing and liberation while honoring our interdependence. Together we are imagining and creating a community free from violence.
- Must support AWARE’s Mission and Philosophy.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must pass AWARE background checks
At AWARE, Inc. we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. We are focused on equity and we honor race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all other fascinating characteristics that make us unique. AWARE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.