JCAP Administrative Assistant
AWARE, Juneau | awareak.org
Duties and Responsibilities
This is an administrative position, and is responsible for data collection and reporting for all aspects of the Juneau Choice & Accountability Program (JCAP). There are daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual tasks required to maintain and gather reports from the records of the program. The person in this position may be required to attend MAW class one night/week as a program participant or trainee, or to understand the program more fully. (There is potential that the person in this position might be trained to co-facilitate Men At Work, 24- week men’s education program, AWARE’s state-accredited BIP. In this case, the person in this position will also be required to attend Men Stopping Violence facilitation training.)
Reports to: Deputy Director
Hours: 40hrs/wk, $18/hr. + benefits DOE
- Skillful and consistent attention to detail, data recording, and reporting.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team.
- High school diploma/GED and experience related to this position may be substituted.
- Must possess or be willing to acquire a CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- Must have the physical ability to climb stairs and carry up to 30 lbs down a flight of stairs.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must demonstrate keen attention to detail and documentation, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Must have the ability to remain objective and to perform under stressful conditions.
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to women and child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Men At Work Facilitators must be able and willing to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the issue of male violence against women
- Work directly with men who have used various forms of violence against women
- Facilitate the New Man & Weekly check-ins, Mid-term & Final review
- Facilitate exercises including role-plays, readings and videos
- Prepare for class and co-facilitation with lead facilitator
- Challenge men to take responsibility for their actions,
- Avoid collusion with men in the class,
- Demonstrate comprehension of the Community- Accountability model
- Become proficient at facilitating the Men At Work curriculum and the class structure
- Subscribe to the mission and philosophy of AWARE, Inc.
- Subscribe to Men At Work 7 Core Principles & 6 Elements of Justice-Making,
- Engage in intrapersonal work on facilitator’s own use of abusive behaviors, belief systems, and their ability to work towards ending male violence under the leadership of women,
- Be an ally in ending violence against women in their community,
- Work with AWARE victim advocates to promote victim safety and accountability for men who use violence.
Send resume/cover letter to AWARE, Inc. by July 20 to PO Box 20809, Juneau, AK 99802, fax to (907) 586-2479, or email to email@example.com. For more information call (907) 586-6623 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled. AWARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.