WAVE, Petersburg | petersburgwave.org
Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday
Pay: $18.50 per hour
Benefits include a flexible schedule and paid time off.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in coordinating and inputting client statistics.
- Assist in the training of volunteers on policies and procedures.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, email, social media etc.)
- Assess volunteer strengths and availability and determine appropriate placement within WAVE.
- Arrange for appropriate training for volunteers.
- Produce schedules for volunteer activities.
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed.
- Maintain volunteer records, including timesheets and training logs
- Serve as the point person for office duties including: Maintenance, Mailing, Supplies, Equipment, Bills, Errands, Shopping, ect.
- Compile funder, program and board reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide individual advocacy coverage as needed.
- Meet regularly with supervisor for supervision and support.
- Perform record-keeping activities.
- Comply with WAVE Personnel and Administrative Policies.
- Participate in the performance of other tasks essential to program operation and maintenance.
- Must pass a background check.
- Able to occasionally work outside normal work schedule, more than 8 hours, weekends, nights, ect.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-directed.
- Must have a high school diploma/GED. College level study or experience in social work, women’s studies, education or related field is desirable.
- Must complete 40 hours of domestic violence training within 6 months of hire.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in volunteering locally and/or internationally
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- Must have a thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn and listen.
- Must have the ability to remain calm and objective and to perform under stressful conditions.
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstance, religion, culture, genders, and sexual orientation.
- Must have basic computer skills or the ability to learn.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must support WAVE’s Philosophy: WAVE believes that violence is an unacceptable way to deal with problems and that everyone has the right to be free from violence in their homes.Our goal is to provide a place where anyone, regardless of sex, age, race, or sexual orientation, can go to be safe and explore their options.
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply