Shelter Relief Advocate
AWARE, Juneau | awareak.org
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Wage: $15.50 per hour
AWARE is hiring for a part time/as needed position within our Emergency Shelter serving survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, crisis-oriented agency with a commitment to collaborative, supportive services. We are very willing to train the right applicant with a strong customer service background who is wanting to transition to social services. There is potential for regular part time or full time work.
- Must be able to work shift-based schedule (Evening: 4pm-12am/Day 8am-4pm/Swing 12pm- 8pm/Overnight 12am-8am).
**Priority will be given to applicants who can work evenings and weekends. **
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to acquire a CPR/First Aide Certificate
- Experience with social services (supervisory positions available)
- 1+ years of customer/client service experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to women and child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, etc.
For more information, call (907) 586-6623.
At AWARE, Inc. we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. We are focused on equity and we honor race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all other fascinating characteristics that make us unique. AWARE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.