ANDVSA | facebook.com/andvsa
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt position
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Pay: $68,500 – $72,500
This position within the ANDVSA Legal Program will provide statewide legal services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence, with a focus on family and protection order litigation. In addition to managing a caseload, the staff attorney will provide some training and technical assistance statewide to domestic violence and sexual assault advocates and ANDVSA partners. ANDVSA strives to create a work/life balance for its attorneys by providing them with a sustainable caseload. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest and experience working with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, litigating cases, and a passion to work as a team for greater access to justice and equity. This position is based in Anchorage and supervised by the ANDVSA Senior Staff Attorney. Some travel is required. Salary placement is determined on board approved salary scale with a starting range of $68,500– $72,500.
Support ANDVSA Legal Program
- Interview and screen prospective clients for eligibility into ANDVSA’s Legal Program.
- Provide legal representation in civil cases.
- Assist ANDVSA Legal Program with efforts to ensure successful representation of victims in the courts including advocacy and legal research.
- Consult, confer, and provide technical assistance and training to advocates, attorneys and other professionals.
- Track case statistics for grant reporting requirements.
Support ANDVSA Organizational Goals
- Participate in ANDVSA all staff meetings and special projects.
- Contribute to ANDVSA’s anti-racism and anti-oppression efforts.
- Law degree and bar admission (admission to the Alaska bar preferred);
- Strong legal analysis, written and oral advocacy, and presentation skills;
- Experience supporting survivors of violence and trauma and those from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Litigation experience in family law or general civil practice preferred;
- Responsible, self-initiating, and focused, with proven ability to work independently and also collaboratively in a team-based environment;
- Proficiency with computers, databases and the Microsoft suite;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Commitment to social justice, systems advocacy, and anti-oppression work.
Attorney will be offered a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision benefits for employee and dependents, life insurance, generous personal leave and 403(b) retirement contributions.
Send cover letter and resume to Mary Richey Sell at email@example.com, this position is open until filled.
ANDVSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all persons are eligible to be employed without regard to their sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, age, ancestry, serious medical condition, gender identity, or national origin. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse groups to apply including, but not limited to, Alaska Native, African American, Latino/a, Asian/Pacific Islander, survivors of DVSA and LGBTQI communities.