37.5 hrs/week, Exempt Position
Salary Range $65,000 – $75,000, DOE
The Staff Attorney provides statewide legal services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence. This is a full-time, exempt position based in Anchorage and supervised by the ANDVSA Senior Staff Attorney. Some travel is required. The salary depends on experience with a range of $65,000 – $75,000.
- Interview and screen prospective clients for eligibility into ANDVSA’s Legal Program.
- Provide legal representation in civil cases.
- Assist ANDVSA Legal Program with efforts to ensure successful representation of victims in the courts including advocacy and legal research.
- Consult, confer, and provide technical assistance to advocates, attorneys and other professionals.
- Law degree and admission to the Alaska bar (preferred);
- Experience with family law cases and/or general civil practice preferred;
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, or other underserved populations preferred;
- Substantial computer and legal research skills;
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively;
- Commitment to social justice, systems advocacy, and anti-oppression work.
Attorney will be offered a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision benefits for employee and dependents, life insurance, generous personal leave and 403(b) retirement contributions.
Send cover letter, resume, and 3 references in a Word Document or PDF to Katy Soden at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
ANDVSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all persons are eligible to be employed without regard to their sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, age, ancestry, serious medical condition, gender identity, or national origin. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse groups to apply including, but not limited to, Alaska Native, African American, Latino/a, Asian/Pacific Islander, survivors of DVSA and LGBTQI communities.