On-Site Transitional Housing Manager
AWARE, Juneau | awareak.org
Hours: 8 – 10 hours/week (not to exceed 20 hours per week)
Salary/Wage/Benefits: Provision of rent-free housing at Kaa Sei, valued at $800/mo
AWARE is hiring for a part time/as needed position within our Emergency Shelter serving survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, crisis-oriented agency with a commitment to collaborative, supportive services. We are very willing to train the right applicant with a strong customer service background who is wanting to transition to social services. There is potential for regular part time or full time work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reside at AWARE’s Kaasei Transitional Housing facility to provide on-site supervision of the project.
- Ensure safety policies are implemented and maintained.
- With AWARE staff, participate in screening, orientation to program with new tenants.
- Address immediate program violations on site, and follow up on violations with AWARE staff.
- Collect and track rental payments.
- Issue notices for program violations.
- With AWARE staff, facilitate participant exits, complete exit documentation.
- Conduct monthly apartment inspections.
- Conduct exit inspections.
- Be prepared to respond to emergency medical and safety incidents, including notification of law enforcement, EMS as needed.
- Track, document and communicate to shelter staff all information pertinent to the participant’s residency, including rent payments, violations, grievances, and requests.
- Coordinate repairs, turn-over, and maintenance of the Kaasei Transitional Housing facility.
- Must pass AWARE background check.
- Must have high school diploma/GED. College level study or experience in social work, women’s studies, education or related field is desirable.
- Must have or acquire CPR and First Aid Certification.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must support AWARE’s Mission and Vision.
This position is open until closed.
At AWARE, Inc. we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. We are focused on equity and we honor race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all other fascinating characteristics that make us unique. AWARE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.