Rae Romberg, Prevention Initiative Director
Prevention Inquiries, Community Prevention Planning, and Technical Assistance, Evaluation, Pathways Prevention
907-586-6563 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Juneau, Youth Engagement Coordinator
Youth Engagement, Youth Media, Parent Engagement
907-586-6566 | email@example.com
Kristen Rankin, Prevention Specialist
DELTA Impact, Boys Run I toowú klatseen, Pay Equity, School-focused Prevention
907-586-5643 | firstname.lastname@example.org
ANDVSA Prevention Staff Roles:
- ANDVSA brings together and supports ANDVSA DV/SA member program prevention staff.
- ANDVSA convenes the statewide Pathways to Prevention Steering Committee.
- ANDVSA prevention staff convene or participate in state level prevention subcommittees for: School-based Prevention; Evaluation; Fourth R and Fourth R evaluation; Stand Up Speak Up; Lead On; Youth Engagement; Prevention Data; Barriers to Health and Safety; Prevention Training and Infrastructure; Prevention Communications; and Alaska Men Choose Respect.
- ANDVSA awards funds to eligible programs for DELTA, OVW Engaging Men, VISTA and other grants.
- ANDVSA provides competitive mini-grants for youth-led and male engagement DV/SA prevention projects.
- ANDVSA hosts a drop-box and resource cache of prevention and evaluation materials.
Prevention Training, Technical Assistance, and Resources
ANDVSA provides training and technical assistance including:
- Monthly web-conferences connecting prevention staff across the state to discuss relevant topics.
- Monthly web-conferences on barriers to health and safety and root causes of violence.
- Support for community readiness and needs and resource assessments.
- Telephonic and in-person strategizing (or facilitation) for community prevention planning.
- Tools and in-person training for community prevention capacity (including document development).
- Evaluation planning and support.
- Training for teachers and member program staff on the Fourth R.