Support for Legal Advocates
ANDVSA provides legal support statewide to advocates who are guiding victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking through the civil and criminal justice system. We provide training, technical assistance and resources including:
- Technical assistance to domestic violence and sexual assault advocates on issues such as custody, safe visitation, divorce, child support, and protection orders
- Webinar trainings for legal advocates throughout the year and a resource bank of training materials, recorded webinars, handouts and other resources
- Regional and statewide trainings for legal advocates and Alaska attorneys
- Assistance to programs to develop model policies and protocols regarding confidentiality and other critical legal issues
- Outreach and on-site training for domestic violence and sexual assault programs in rural parts of Alaska
- Publication and revision of the Alaska Women’s Legal Rights Handbook
Direct Legal Services
ANDVSA’s Legal Program provides case representation and information and referral to victims who need help with civil matters including (but not limited to) family law, housing law, and consumer issues. Trained legal advocates statewide refer the cases to the Legal Program.
If you are a survivor of domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or stalking please click here to learn more about this program.
The legal information and referral hotline is available for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault who want basic information about their legal rights and options and referral information from an attorney. Follow the link to see a full calendar and get more information.